To support more organizations in becoming trauma-informed and to sustain practices that help their clients and employees to thrive, the Bounce Coalition has developed Bounce University, a three day “train the trainer” program that enables participants to teach the Bounce curriculum. Participants learn to present Bounce’s evidence-based, interactive learning modules, foundational to building trauma-informed individuals, systems, and communities.
Upon completion of Bounce University training, participants are asked to demonstrate the acquisition of the knowledge and skills required to become a Certified Bounce Trainer by: 1) completing an objective assessment that measures understanding of the key learning objectives (with immediate feedback on performance); and 2) presenting portions of the Bounce content to the training team and classmates in a simulated training environment to ensure content is delivered with a high degree of fidelity and competence.
- The seminal Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) study and research on child adversity and resilience
- How ACEs impact brain development
- The signs of trauma and impact on lifelong health
- How trauma-informed and resilience-building practices help heal ACEs
- The importance of self-care
- Resilient behaviors to help people thrive and barriers to building resilience
- Practical actions to build a culture of resilience
Up to 16 participants